Monday, August 13, 2007

Sewing Diapers

Diapers Diapers Diapers.... I'm in need of more and more diapers, the one's I'm using for Acelin are just about thread bare, so I'm trying to get organized and motivated to make some more diapers for him.

I've started out and FINISHED three PUL and suede cloth pocket diapers, that are side snapping (see the snap press) These really are awesome fitting pocket diapers, and the same pattern I used for some that I made him in size SM-MD that fit him till he was about 23 pounds. He has some others that he wears, but more is always better!

This is a fitted cotton diaper with a cute outer woven material and BLACK flannel inner. It has a quick dry soaker that folds out, but is sewn in and attached to the front. I HATE snap in soakers, after using them for the past year, they are just a PITA and I will NEVER make or buy another snap in soaker diaper AGAIN. I also made this a turned and top stitched diaper... I am sick and tired of serged edge diapers falling apart, the thread gets caught and forget it you have thread everywhere pulling out. They are cheaply made and easy to make, but just not durable in my opinion. I've been sewing for 15 years, so I think I have a good opinion on that.. LOL
Check that inner, soft and cushy flannel. And yep he tried it on and it fits like a charm and soaks like a dry sponge!
These are on the "ready" list, they are cut, and ready for elastic and assembly. Cute prints, boyish, and fun, the pirates-skull, racing flag, pool table balls, are all awesome prints. I also have a few that are just solid blue cotton velour, but they are too boring to share. All so far will have the black flannel, with the exception of two having the blue cotton velour.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Look great! I kind of miss sewing diapers.

connorlove said...

Diapers look great! I'm excited to come see you tomorrow, as are the kiddos. And copy you because you are my mama idol.