Monday, April 30, 2007

Diaper Laundry


Diaper man with his diapers hanging on the line...
I thought the diapers looked a little too pale and weak so I decided to do some dying... I haven't dyed anything for about a year, and with some prompting from questions about dying material by a friend of a friend, I decided to take the plunge and dyed some of Acelin's diapers, a few of my shirts, and one of the kids shirts, which was a bit grungy. I had a shirt that failed to be white any longer and thought I should dye it for fun. I also throughly dyed one finger purple due to a hole in the glove. But I do like how the blue and green diapers came out! The My mama is a goddess shirt came out how I wanted it to. Dark on the bottom and sleeves and around the neck, and lighter in the middle!
Dying is fun, but I'm trying to curb another obsessive creative streak for me!

4 comments:

Portable Graffiti said...

Love it! Next hurricane I am bringing old white clothes so we can have a dying party. LOL

Jennifer said...

I love the dye job on the diapers, looks super! I need to do some dying, I haven't done that in years!
Jennifer-Poodle

Carolyn said...

OH those are beautiful! I'm am wanting to get soem of that rainbow dye! Thank you for your tips. And so glad I saw that you need gloves! :) *grin* that could have been ahhh colorful! :)

Tina said...

What great work! I wish I were so crafty! lol....but that was never one of my gifts.