Saturday, April 21, 2007

back yard garden

This is my back yard garden, these two plots don't have anything planted in them as of yet, I will get into that later today, or tomorrow. I plan on radishes cucumber, beans, and whatever else I have in seeds to plant. In the first picture you can see the whole side with some of the other planting plots already growing goods, and the tool hanger on the fence with a bucket for weeds, and the tools for the fire pit, which is just next to the two planting plots.

These are my two blueberry bushes, they should grow to be pretty big. Out in the woods are blue berry bushes almost as tall some small trees!
This is my first planting plot, a little crowded, but there is space on each side for the plants to vine off to, In only have 5 or 6 of each. On the right I have cantaloupe, on the left I have zucchini, in the middle is lettuce, and the thinning make good baby lettuce salads, or just enough for a sandwich. The back has a few corn plants, but I really don't know how they will do since they require 4 rows to get evenly pollinated. In the back planter I have a tomato that I rescued growing from my compost bin, carrots, beans, marigolds, and stevia, as well as a gladiola bulb, and some morning glory vines. I also planted the passionflower seeds I had behind the two empty plots, as it is a flowering vine, and the fence needs something to crawl up on it and grow. I do have one watermelon mound next to the rear planter plot.
I plan on keeping it simple so I don't get overwhelmed or sick and tired or maintaining the plants. I tried to get some other mom's I know to help out with the garden, and that they too could reap the rewards, but nobody wanted to get in on the gardening action...

No comments: