Monday, April 30, 2007

Miracle Grow

Well I decided to succumb to commercial fertilizer. I had put some vegetable fertilizer down before planting the corn in the front yard, only because the soil is so poor, and boy did that corn pop right up, and it's green green green, unlike the yellow corn in the back yard. I thought everything needed a little fertilizer, and let me tell you, those plants popped right up, perked up, and shot up in just 24 hours! It was amazing! So I will continue to fertilize, I guess with raw soil and little nutrients in there I have to give the plants a little food.
I also put some grass mulch around the plants in the back yard, just to keep the moisture in, and around the entire mound for the watermelons, and they seem so much happier now.

1 comment:

Portable Graffiti said...

Miracle Grow, huh? I've always had that stuff around because my father used to give it to me, but I never used it.

I guess that is why I can never grow anything in Florida.