Monday, April 16, 2007

little boys room


I switched rooms with Jake and the little boys last weekend. The room was already blue and Grandpa had put the shelves up for Jake, so we decided the shelves would stay. I was going to paint the contrasting walls white, but it was just too much of a contrast, and I didn't like how it looked, since I already had to put primer down, I did use a white primer. I went and did the room accent computer match at Home Depot and came up with either green or yellow, and I decided the green would look much better. I taped off some accents on the wall around the window to give it a little more interest, and to make it seem like there were curtains or something different around the window. I got the nice faux wood 2 inch blinds for their room, and put them up so they would fit into the window. The blinds really keep a lot of the light out, which is good for afternoon naps!




I didn't have all the books and stuff on the shelves when I took the picture, they are now crammed with things!
Acelin and Cameron really like their new room, and all the floor space they now have. I also had to replace some of the tiles on the floor, and Home Depot didn't have the same kind, but the contrasting of the tiles on the floor add interest as well. It was a fun project, and much needed. The little boys really needed the space to be able to play in their room, and I needed to get some of their toys out of the living room and dining room!

No comments: