Tuesday, July 3, 2007

New lawn mower


What's that you hear? nothing, just a quiet whirrrrrr..... and the kids playing, laughing, having fun, talking to me, and in the yard while I'm mowing the lawn? Oh what bliss it is to be pushing this thing around now. There is a pic of our old gas hog mower that wasn't working too well anymore anyway... We also got the grass catcher to add fresh cut grass to the compost, and to use for mulch... yeah!
Here's a pic of the back yard after I cut the grass... isn't it divine! So nice, and the grass loves the new mower too. It told me so.

3 comments:

Portable Graffiti said...

I love that kind of mower. I had one in North Port. Gas mowers should be banned. I hate the noise when my neighbors mow their football-size yards of nothing but endless grass.

I'm hoping to continue to eliminate all the grass here, except the places where it can grow as tall as it wants to and then dies back in the winter.

Jennifer said...

Word of advice, that thing will not go over old dog turds, ha, ha!

Wish ya luck with that thing, I had one once, and only once, LOL

dreamer said...

Now THAT's a mower! Simple, quiet, functional. There is something poetic about the gentle whir of a push mower. It's almost musical. Here in the desert there's no grass to speak of. When the occasional blade of green stuff does poke through the hard, sun-baked ground, it's usually a weed, and I've been known to use a pair of scissors to trim the back yard.