Monday, March 23, 2009

just some basic randomness

I found out that I am a routine kind of person, I like a routine, I like doing things on the same days and such.. I found this out by not having a consistent work schedule. I've had different days off, not generally two days off together, but at least two days off in a week. It is hard, and tiring.

I've been in a slump since starting at Whole Foods and really couldn't understand why.. well it dawned on me.. work Sunday, Monday off, work two days, Thursday off, work seven days, Friday off, work Saturday, Sunday off, work 2 days, Wednesday off, work 3 days, Sunday off, Monday off, work 2 days, Thursday off, work 4 days, Tuesday off...
It was maddening.
I couldn't really schedule anything, I was tired because I rarely got two days off together, and didn't seem to get anything done.
So I asked the "schedule Gods" please can I have Thursday and Friday off, with Working Saturday morning, on a consistent basis, from here and out forever!!!
it's so far worked, week two and I already feel better and like I can actually get some stuff done around the house and have a bit of a life while working.
Getting back on schedule.. awesome for me... and I honestly thought I could handle a random schedule.. I can't.

No comments: