Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Herbs

This is the basil I planted drying out in the sun. It bolted so I also have a lot of seeds!!!I haven't "processed" it yet... so funny, processing is pulling the dried leaves off the plant, and putting the leaves in a jar, simplicity...
I clipped the Stevia a few weeks ago and dried it and it came out surprisingly well. It was quite intense with sweetness when fresh, but so much more when dry! I am very happy about that! I decided to chop it dry and use it as a tea additive infusion with a few other herbs I grew... peppermint, a bit of lemon balm, and some red raspberry leaves that I pinched from the woods behind our house. It's a great way to squelch my sweet tooth, and also brew it with some chamomile flowers and it's a perfect late night tea! Peppermint, chamomile and stevia... yum
this is the jar of my herbal tea mixture... there is quite a bit in there, probably about 4 cups, and only a half of a teaspoon is really enough for a cup of tea.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cool stuff! The only herb I have growing is Rosemary, the other stuff died. I was so looking forward to fresh basil too, but some bug ate it all. Guess that bug looked forward to it too, LOL