Monday, May 26, 2008

Chickens


Silly birds, let me take your picture... no I'm not the crazy boy who wants to pick you up all the time, it's me, the person who feeds you. well they wouldn't cooperate, but here they are, the birds.
I think it's time we find names for these birds.. I'm thinking airhead, dingy, and dumb dumb... no not nice, but really these are not the brightest birds in the hen house. The aracaunas are a bit flighty and HATE, can I emphasize that enough... HATE to be separated... the old adage of "birds of a feather flock together" is even an understatement with these two chickens. The other I'm not sure if it's a barred rock, or a Dominique, nor am I sure if it's a hen or a rooster... grrrrrr.
They like to get under a little table on the porch and poop.. Did you know chickens poop a lot.. yep, little poop factories, however, according to my friend Judy, chickens are not to be compared to geese, I believe geese own the monopoly on the poop factories.
So chickens are fun, they cluck and coo, and fluff around, and are nice little animals to keep. These ladies are around 3 months old, and still have a bit of growing left to do, hopefully we will have eggs from three hens in a few months. I can't wait!

No comments: