Tuesday, April 15, 2008

your trash, my treasure

Now as I drive around I look for wood, we need it for the soon to be chicken coop, as well as borders for plantings and such. Having Monday's off is the perfect opportunity to check to see what the neighbors have cleared out over the weekend. I have already picked up a lattice plant support, which I'm not sure what I'll plant under it, but I'll figure something out.
Since I live an improv lifestyle and go with the flow, I find and I can create. These boards, plywood, landscape timber and cement rounds will come in handy in something. It's just so much better finding this stuff as someones trash, then to have to buy it. There is always more that I can get, but I choose to limit myself, so I don't end up too pack ratty. Which that is pretty easy to do. So I get what I can, leave what I can't and regret what I should have, and move on with what I take.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh yea, that's the way to do it! Our hen house is mostly old wood that a friend gave us :)