Monday, April 7, 2008

more garden progress:

I got all the self heal and Yarrow out of the planter box, and it has been transplanted in front of the bushes, since it will spread and is a nice ground cover with little purple flowers, I thought it would be nice under the bushes as well. I lined it with newspapers and mulch to keep the weeds and grass at bay, hopefully.


Freddy cat helping me scope out the front area. I added some decorative grass, mulch and the lemon balm, because it was in the same planter box as the yarrow and self heal, and I plan to use that box for a nursery for tomato seedlings.
same area, different angle. The dirt area around the sago palm has flower seeds planted, Naturtium, Celosia, Marigold, Cosmos, and Tithonia all summer, annuals that are drought resistant.


behind the squash I have planted cucumbers, I have wire fencing to make some supports for them to grow up onto.

This is a crepe myrtle that has some transplanted yarrow at the bottom of it. And the Corn to the right. The pile of mulch just doesn't seem to get much smaller... what's freaking me out is that I keep considering another load! The backyard better watch out!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looking Super Donna!

Portable Graffiti said...

FANCY Landscaping that includes veggies and herbs. I love it!! If we were closer, I'd say I'll help with yours and you can help with mine.

Let me know if the house next door comes up for sale. Maybe I can tolerate that part of FL better than this part.