Thursday, March 13, 2008

garden garden March

I have a lot of work ahead. I saw a tree getting cut down and chipped down the road, so I asked for the mulch. My plan is to utilize as much of this mulch for the front yard to eliminate most of the grass.. ha, weeds, and outline the planting areas, and walking areas around them.

It's a lot of work, and I get some help, but the vision coming into place is fun. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm a bit nutty... but I think they are nutty for wasting water on grass. I have a few planting areas, and it only takes me about 10 minutes to water now.
I've got corn, squash and brussle sprouts so far:
Corn here: Brussle sprouts and squash
pepermint in the red pot, with self heal around
adding the mulch to have areas specific to plantings and walking.
The huge pile of mulch

No comments: