Sunday, March 11, 2007

I just wonder

So I'm sitting eating ice cream out of the container, the older boys are still up watching a movie, with a friend over, the younger boys are asleep, and Mike is in bed. I desparately need a shower, I've been diggin in the dirt all day, and made a garden plot, and planted a few seeds. I'm glad I didn't do my planting at the end of February like I had orignially planned, we had freezes last week! So being my procrastinating self, actually saved any growing I had tried to estabolish and then eliminate.
Mike and I ran to home depot to get some wood for the planter boxes I want to have in the front yard. I wanted them big, high and menancing.. partly to hide some ugly parts of the yard, and to not be a back breaker when planting and harvesting. I'm running a co-op for medicinal herbs, and 6 other ladies and I are planning herb gardens, and will be dividing up the seeds we get, since I don't need a packet with 200 seeds, I thought it would be good to divide the packets up.
So Mike cut and built three planter boxes, 2 ft high, 3 ft wide, and 5 ft long. They will be dug down a little bit, and I do have to paint them first. But I think they will look nice. I also planted sunflower seeds in the front yard to make a sunflower fort for the boys. I think that will be neat too. I have enough seeds, I should do one in the back yard as well.
Everything is going good so far. I have to find new home owners insurance, being part of the take out list, we lost ours.... well will, as of May 30th. Kind of sucks, but I'll get some soon. I'll make the front yard look a bit better, and then get some insurance. HA...
laters.... off to take a shower, got dirt in my toe nails!
Caio!

No comments: