Saturday, December 1, 2007

I need a muse






I have all this material, all the necessary tools to make something wonderful, beautiful, inspiring. However, I lack that desire to adhere two pieces of material together and have a creation that others would oooh and ahhh over.

I need a muse.

Someone or something that makes my senses come to life and want to pour out my creativity into,

intertwining threads and fabric with the fine art of a needle,

but no muse. Being a bit down and not too happy about things hinders my muse. I need a light unto my path of creativity, but it has been extinguished for now. Hopefully soon, in the very near future that light will shine again

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know what you mean, I need a muse or some motivation, or something! Wished we lived closer, we'd make stuff!

Portable Graffiti said...

Kelly told me she plans to buy all her diapers for her kids someday from you.

I hope your creativity comes back.

Although I assume there is plenty of time to get a stash of diapers made for Kelly since she is only 17.

How about cloth grocery bags?
And cloth holders for plastic bags?
Cloth pads seem to be a hot seller on etsy.
And those kid capes you were making.
Oh and Kelly tried on a hat made out of fabric scraps at a craft show. She loved the hat but it was $50.

I'm in love with that felting I see on etsy. Taking old wool sweaters and felting them and making them into something else, like a bowl.

I also love when they take about 6 different sweaters and sew them into one child's sweater.

Remember the paper we were making together? I still have some of what we made. I think crafters on etsy would buy the paper to use in other crafts.

Oh I guess you are wanting to come up with just fabric crafts??

I think you should make it all into cloth diapers and cloth pullups, and have many listed on your etsy store. The more listed, the more you'll sell.